Title: Sections and plans of the collieries around Nailsea
Creator: ?Edward Martin (d.1818)
Description: Sections and plans of the collieries around Nailsea, which accompanied the pamphlet ‘The Reports of Mr William Smith, and Mr Edward Martin, to the Bristol and Taunton Canal Company’, (1818).
In the report, Smith was of the opinion that there was a sufficient supply of workable coal to justify the construction of a new canal. Only the Bridgewater-Taunton part of the canal was constructed, opening in 1827.
Date: 1 July 1811
Format: Engraving on paper
Archive reference: LDGSL/745
Image reference: 07-144
Recommended print size: Up to 20 x 16 inches (50 x 40cm)